Where the heck did the time go?
I simply do not have enough time in the day!
Time is disappearing.
I need more help.
I am struggling to just keep up.
I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day.
Let's face it, you probably have uttered at least one of the previous statements. Well, I know for sure I have. We have too many irons in the fire and are spending most of our time just trying to catch up so that we don't completely drop the ball and are experiencing frustration, being overwhelmed and missing out on a whole lot of life. As a society, we are so focused on the next big thing, what we still have to finish up or what is going to happen in the future that we are overlooking the beauty and joy in the present moment.Our journeys are not about the end result, the scenery can be absolutely breathtaking and most of us are not allowing ourselves the time to stop and take it all in. Even taking in the chaos and the disappointment helps add to our life experience. I know I say this often, but how can we know joy if we haven't known disappointment and dissatisfaction.
In my honest opinion, it is not important to figure out how we got to be such a rushed society that multitasks all day long. I too have been guilty of living a busy and hurried life. Many opportunities reveal themselves on a daily basis and I have several businesses that keep me busy. However, over the past few years I have been able to reorganize my thoughts, routines and priorities and have been able to create balance between career and personal life.
We all have the same 24 hours in a day and in those 24 hours we can learn how to enjoy our lives as we delegate, organize, stick to schedules, use timers and learn how to say no.
Here are some of my suggestions to help you take back your life or how to begin a new one:
- Limit your time on social media! How many times do you check your Facebook or Twitter accounts? If you are working on a project, do your best to not log into any social media accounts. Set a timer as to how long you will allow yourself for the project that day and stick to the project at hand without any outside influences.
- Put the mobile device down. When you have a deadline or are involved in a job that requires your attention, put down the phone. You don't need to check your texts or emails all day long.
- Speaking of emails, limit how many accounts you need and check email once or twice a day.
- Saying "no" will save you headache, heartache and possibly will save a relationship or two. If you graciously say no and someone does not understand then there is a lot more going on there and by saying no you brought some issues to the surface.
- Make to-do lists daily that are reasonable as to what you can accomplish that day.
- Schedule social dates with yourself and others and stick to them. Make time for play!
- Delegate whenever and wherever possible.
- Be willing to be flexible with your plans. Sometimes spirit has surprises in store for us when we are willing to follow spirit's lead and readjust our paths.
- Reward yourself every time you have completed a job or to-do. Why not reward yourself? It makes the dedication and hard work worthwhile.
- If you need to wake up 5,10 or even 25 minutes earlier so you are not rushed during the day.
- Meditate, by adding meditation into your day you will be less stressed out and you will be able to go with the flow more easily.
- Put some of your ideas and projects on the shelf and revisit them in the future.
- Make lists of what is important and what can wait by priorities. By taking a look at your schedule you may be able to eliminate some things in your life that are really irrelevant at this time but you keep carrying on because you did not take the time to prioritize.
- No work-related activities at least 2 hours before bed. Allow your mind to shift into relaxation mode. This will help you keep healthier boundaries with yourself.
What is the rush? If you are rushed and hurried, is it because of the time restrictions you put upon yourself? If so, then guess who you may have to have a serious talk with? You got it, yourself. If you are missing out on your life, it may be time to shake things up, don't you agree? Give my suggestions a try. You may find yourself enjoying even the busyness of your life and you also might find extra time here and there in your day :)
Blessings and Light,
P.S. My crystal bowl meditation - Awaken is an excellent way to cleanse and clear the mind, body and spirit. Simply click on the FREE Crystal Bowl Meditation - 5 Minute Meditation and listen to this in the morning and before bed and you will notice a shift in yourself immediately!
Every day I am blessed to witness many empaths reclaiming their personal space as well as their solar plexuses. They come to my center, The Mystical Moon to learn how to empower themselves and genuinely want to heal and embrace life to its' fullest.Empaths are highly sensitive people who feel, I mean really feel the environment around them. They pick up all emotions, sensations, energy imprints from people, places and objects.
Often empaths do not realize they are absorbing their surroundings until it is too late. They have already taken on others unhealthy emotions, possibly other people's habits as well as belief systems and perspectives.
Can an empath survive in this world? Absolutely! Individuals that are super-sensitive to their environment can learn how to create healthier energetic boundaries as well as can begin to recognize when they are absorbing their environment
How do you know if you are an empath? Here are some easy to recognize the empathic signs:
- You suddenly have a nauseous feeling after you meet someone or even walk into an unfamiliar space
- You have solar plexus issues (sensitive digestion system, stomach aches, that sinking feeling in your stomach)
- You are influenced by the moods of others
- You are confused about your emotions
- People often "dump" on you for no reason
- You are often overwhelmed in large crowds causing you to withdraw socially
- Sometimes you are depressed for no reason
If this sounds familiar to you then chances are you are a person with strong empathic abilities. You can most certainly use your gift to be an indicator to when your environment, or a person, or even a certain location is not a healthy place for you.
Often empaths do not know they are absorbing other's feelings and pain until after the fact. Here are some suggestions to help you manage your gifts that will also help empower you:
- Wear deflecting crystals such as jet, black tourmaline, hematite, tiger's eye on your right side. By wearing or carrying these crystals they will project their energy outward, creating a shield of protection for you.
- Take baths with sea salt or himalayan salt. Did you know you can bathe with himalayan salt?
- Learn to cover your solar plexus with your hands or arms. You may even use visualization to help you do so.
- Sage yourself as well as your space often.
- Learn to pick up objects or to use your right hand when handling an object that you are not familiar with. The left hand receives, right sends out energy.
- Hold your phone to your right ear. If you listen with your left side you may pick up the feelings of the person on the other line.
- Learn how to say "no", "I don't have the time" or "I am unable to help you at this time."
- Activate your spiritual protection - your guides, angels, the helpers that are non-physical. Ask them to protect you energetically.
- Be sure to cut those emotional cords often.
- Receive healing treatments such as Reiki, massages, or any type of proactive healing treatment.
- When you are feeling compromised, do not perform any energy, healing or psychic work. You are more likely to let your guard down and take away someone else's stuff.
- Before you leave your home, pull your aura in a little closer to the body. You most certainly do not need to go out into the world wide open.
- Using command phrases such as: Shields Up! or I invoke a bubble of pink and gold protection around me today.
- Use a visualization of mirrors being place around your aura facing outwards. This will help you deflect unwanted sensations.
Many empaths are nurses, massage therapists, healers and teachers. They have nurturing and loving energy. By using some of these simple suggestions you most certainly do not have to hide from crowds. You will be able to mingle with your fellow man and woman and will be able to enjoy this amazing planet and the beautiful souls who inhabit it.
Blessings and Light,